Friday, November 25, 2011

My first blog...

Well, for starters, I am 29 and a mommy of three beautiful children. 2 girls, 1 boy. Ages 1, 3, and 5. They are monsters, I can't even begin to tell you, but if you have kids you will understand me. Yes I know I am a busy woman. Cooking is my life and one of the only things that brings me true joy, happiness and fulfillment. I have been married for 5 years. I can't say that it has been easy but I cannot imagine my life without him. 


At this point in time, today, I can say I am happy with my life even though I know that things could be so much better. My husband is currently unemployed and sits home and sleeps all day while I go and work twice a week and make $40 a day. Its stupid and almost pointless but at least I have gas money to drive my son to and from school. I have no idea why he is so unmotivated and lazy. He just settles with getting by. Thats not enough when you have three kids. Your kids should be your motivation. Shouldn't they. It should be enough to get up in the morning and get out into the world and say okay, what can I do today to provide for my family? It's so frustrating to just see him waste away to nothing. Why can't he do anything for himself? He does nothing, absolutely nothing. Doesn't even clean the house while he's home or at least attempt to. The bigger question is why do I put up with this? I don't know. I always say, I wish I didn't love him because it would be so much easier to leave. I honestly just don't want to put my kids through the drama of visitations and split holidays and all the drama that goes with divorce. I always jokingly say I will put up with him until they are in High School because then they can decide if they want to visit him or not. 


Yah, then to my reason for living... cooking, the kitchen. I don't know what it is about cooking but it makes me happier than anything else. I am damn good at it too. It has got to be my talent. I love cooking for my family, i love throwing parties and cooking for crowds, throwing dinner parties, and the holidays of course. Cooking, baking, BBQ, and even good old fashioned smoking. Oh yes, BBQ and smoking meats are my specialty.  Cooking is like meditating to me, I relax, focus and get my mind of everything that is or could be bothering me. The kids know to stay out of my hair and my husband never tries to get involved. Its total and absolute me time. Maybe thats why I love it so much, because with three kids, I don't get much of that. 


I am happy to be starting a blog and I hope to keep up on it. My goal is to get on here at least once a day and talk about what my day consisted of and what I cooked for dinner. My focus being on what I made for dinner and maybe posting a picture and a recipe. With the holidays coming up I will be making chocolates, truffles, cookies, bread pudding and so many other bad things and I can't wait to show all of you all the goodies. I hope to have a great audience and lots of feedback. 


with love and kisses
Mrs. HKS

No comments:

Post a Comment